You’d never want a quick and cheap face lift for your actual face, but how about for your home? Check out these eight easy and cheap projects you can do this weekend for under $50!
1. Paint your front door. Your door sets the tone for your home, don’t let that tone be blah. Pick a color that makes you happy, or get a feng shui chart to pick a color that evokes emotion.
2. Shine up your house numbers. Your house numbers are the nametag for your home, don’t let them make your house look bad! Purchase the giant metal letters for a mod punch.
3. Give your mailbox a makeover. Still working with a cracked plastic mailbox? Pick up a sturdy metal one and customize it with some fun paint colors!
4. Furnish your porch. Head to your hardware store and find the sale furniture in a heinous color, buy a can of spray paint and go to town creating a color coordinated seating area.
5. Paint the porch. Peeling, gross porch? No one wants that! Sand it, paint it, seal it for a huge improvement.
Cost: $30 and a sunny weekend
6. Let there be light. A little light makes everything brighter. Install a new fixture with the help of your handiest friends.
7. Pot the plants. Potted plants are great because you can hardly mess them up. Buy them blooming and pre-potted and just transfer the plants to prettier pots.
8. Bring in the flowers. Plant some perennials right along your curb near your mailbox for a welcome pop of lush color.
Cost: Under $10
via US News